Travel Post - A Visit to Sorrento, Italy

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Sorrento is a coastal town in southwestern Italy, facing the Bay of Naples on the Sorrentine Peninsula. Perched atop cliffs that separate the town from its busy marinas, it’s known for sweeping views and Piazza Tasso, a cafe-lined square. 

I visited Sorrento in October of last year. The weather fluctuated during my stay massively, at the beginning of my trip there was torrential rain that seemed as if it would never end but nonetheless I bravely (or so I thought) ventured out from my resort in Sant'Agnello to visit the famous Piazza and beautiful old town.










Luckily for me the weather did warm up for the rest of my trip and I managed to visit many of the surrounding towns and cities including Pompeii and Capri Island which was possibly my favourite place I have visited.

Aside from the breathtaking views of Sorrento I couldn't possibly create a post about my trip without mentioning my favourite part of all, the food! 

Every restaurant that I ate in during my stay was spectacular and I truly believe that the Italians make some of the best food in the world,especially the ice cream which was unbelievable.











Sorrento is a beautiful, incredibly romantic town that I would recommend to couples looking to get away for a romantic long weekend, families wanting a relaxing but cultural holiday and everyone else in-between.

Sorrento was my first ever visit to Italy and I completely and utterly fell in love. The perfect setting for romance,adventures,delicious food and evenings filled with laughter, love and prosecco.













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images